Prague Climate & Temperature
- Prague, Czech Republic is at 50°6'N, 14°15'E, 365 m (1199 ft). See map.
- Prague has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Prague is situated in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average annual temperature is 7.8 degrees Celsius (46 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 19.1 °C (34.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 1.7°C (35°F) on average falling to -4.3°C (24.3°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 13.1°C (55.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 2.7°C (36.9°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22.6°C (72.6°F) and average low temperatures are 11.2°C (52.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.7°C (54.9°F) during the day and lows of 4.1°C (39.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 526.3 mm (20.7 inches) which is equivalent to 526.3 Litres/m² (12.91 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1902 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Prague you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Te Wharau, Glenburn, New Zealand (Warm temperate thorn steppe biome).
Prague Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Prague Climate Graph in Metric Units
Prague Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Prague, Czech Republic Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: